Optical Testbed Configurations
The configurations of optical testbeds A and B operated in JGN2 are as follows:
[Optical Testbed A <Western Area>]
[Hub] Dojima/Osaka; Keihanna
- Optical Fiber: Low-loss SMF (ITU-T Rec. G.652), NZ-DSF (ITU-T Rec. G.655)
- Maximum Field Experiment Environment: 645km based on one way 64.5km loopbacked
by 10 times.
- Optical Repeater: C band with Noise Figure, 5.3dB for the
- Optical Switch: GSMP 8x8 in order to configure an optical
network experimental environment
based on a certain GMPLS control protocol by providing GSMP-IF.
Resource Environment: Designed for C band spacing 100GHz for 40 wavelengths.
[Optical Testbed B <Eastern Area>]
[Hub] Otemachi/Tokyo; Tsukuba
- Configurations: 3 optical repeaters, Dispersion Compensation and Dispersion
slope Compensation Fiber
(DCF), Dynamic Gain Equalizer (DGE), Optical Spectrum Analyzer (OSA)
Fiber: Single Mode Fiber (ITU-T Rec. G.652)
- Wavelength Range: C-band (1535.04
nm – 1565.50 nm) whose optical signals
are possibly transmitted.
- Gain Flatness: < 0.5 dB by which WDM optical
signals are possibly transmitted.
- Transmission: Super-high speed optical
signals and WDM optical signals are possibly transmitted
through installation of fibers for dispersion compensation and dispersion
- Experiment Environment: It is possible to flexibly
perform experiments through controlling remotely
optical repeater amplifiers, etc.
[Optical Testbed C <Eastern Area>]
[Hub] NICT Koganei Headquarters; Akihabara/Tokyo; Otemachi/Tokyo; Tsukuba
- Optical Fiber Link: Single Mode Fiber (2 cables) ITU-T Rec. G.652
- Flexible Wavelength Range: C-Band(1535.04 nm-1565.50 nm)
- Gain Flatness of C-Band: < 2.0
|Back to the beginning of this page